Thursday, July 7, 2011

THE UGLY BEGINNING

I cringe posting these pictures because they are so personal and embarrassing. Let's hope I look different over the next few months otherwise I'll regret this until the day I die! :) Here's my list of excuses: I'm a mom of a very high maintenance 6 month old who requires TONS of energy and TONS of attention which wipes me out, my husband works REALLY long hours a lot (12+ hour days) so I have the baby from sun up to sun down by myself, I'm starting school back up again this Fall (organic chemistry and lab). Trust me, it's a lot easier to sleep in that extra hour, or while the baby is napping to just sit and watch TV instead of doing a work out video. But let's see if I can gradually start changing that!

Here's my current stats of July 7, 2011:

WEIGHT: 129.5 lbs
SIZE: 6-8/M
TARGET WEIGHT: 115 lbs
MOST SELF CONSCIOUS ABOUT: legs and butt
MOOD: unmotivated, lethargic, not sexy, not confident, fatigued





THE PLAN!!!!!!!!

We've heard it a thousand times: fitness and health are a LIFESTYLE, not a fad or diet. I do not do fad diets, nor am I a fan of them. I am not using anything synthetic, just old fashion eating healthier and exercising.

I used to LOVE running and my half marathon was the most exhilarating thing ever, plus I dropped weight like a banshee when I started getting to long distances like that. Therefore, I plan to start running again. Small distances at first, a mile or two, work my way up (plus I'll get a little sun too!)

INSANITY videos. I wanted these and Matt got them for me for Christmas this year. He got them gently used on Amazon so they were a fraction of the full price. It is just like P90x but you don't need any equipment and it's all circuit training...you'll never sweat so much in your life! They give you a 60 day challenge, but it's hard to do it for 6 days straight per week; so I'm not going to beat myself up over it if I don't.

Eating healthier*. Matt and I started going organic with our produce and cage-free/grass fed/hormone free with our meat. Yes, we pay quite a bit more, but it's important to us so we're willing to do it. Sunflower Market and Sprouts has some great things (Whole Foods for the unusuals, but they are so $$!) I put a * by it because I know I'm not perfect and I'm not going to give up just because I hate 3 oreos in 3 seconds one day. It's about little choices that add up: a salad at a restaurant, no cheese, a side salad vs. fries, raw veggies vs. chips, fruit vs. cake, etc.

3 comments:

  1. You can do it! :) You are already at a great weight! :) You will get to where you want to be. I also want to lose a few more lbs and tone up alot to get my body back to somewhat normal. LOL. Even though I do not know if that is possible after you have a kid, but we will find out! :) Good Luck!! :) You have inspired me to start trying harder to get my butt back in shape! :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Rhi, you are starting in a great place. Plus, I think this is something all of us would like to do, and when you do something together with people that's additional accountability. I really think we should start up a workout group. We can even include the babies... maybe. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay! So proud of you :)

    I have a bunch of workouts on my blog throughout the time but I HIGHLY recommend incorporating some HIIT training into your new regiment.

    It will shred the pounds like no other - guaranteed!

    ReplyDelete