Saturday, July 9, 2011

SALMON SALAD WITH AVOCADO & TOMATO SALAD

Looking for a no fuss, easy, healthy lunch idea? I've made this recipe several times that I found in Women's Health Magazine. It is SUPER easy for lunch and SUPER HEALTHY! Plus, it impresses people and it's a nice light summer dish. If you follow the exact recipe it is only 446 cals...not too shabby!


From the magazine: **SALMON IS A BELLY-FLATTENING POWERFOOD. One recent study found that people on a controlled-calorie diet who ate salmon were satisfied for 2 hours longer than those who didn't eat it, likely because the fish's omega-3 fatty acids helped keep them full.***

I serve it with Thomas' honey wheat english muffins toasted (they are SO yummy & a household favorite)and low in calories, HIGH in fiber!


SALMON SALAD

4 oz canned sockeye salmon
2 Tbsp nonfat plain yogurt
1 tsp fresh dill (I've used dried, and it's fine!)
1 3/4 tsp Dijon mustard
1 cup mixed greens
1 Thomas' 100-calorie English Muffins (I use the honey wheat ones instead)

AVOCADO & TOMATO SALAD

1/2 avocado, diced
1/4 cup diced tomato
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 clove of garlic minced


LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THING OF THIS!! :) Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. i wanna make this! i've been all about the avocado and tomato lately, yum!

    ReplyDelete