I know I won't have time tomorrow, but I wanted to make a quick post about a little tip of mine that has worked for me for years: if you have to do something less than desirable, get something/wear something/make something that makes it a little less painful! For example: it's always a bummer when school starts back up again and you know you'll be jotting down tons of dreaded lecture notes. Well, get a fun pen in a fun color and you'll look forward to using it! Same with working out...if you're dreading it, jazz it up.
I LOVED colored felt tip pens to take notes in! My notes look awesome!
Here are some ideas:
1. Get a cute new workout outfit that makes you feel good & you're excited to wear
2. Get brand new shoes (spending a little extra $ in this department has never failed me, I love ASICS... the best!)
3. Make a killer playlist on your ipod of new songs
4. If you like to swim to exercise, get a new swim suit
5. If you want to run, go to a park or somewhere that's really beautiful & serene, or perhaps busy and populated (that always motivates me to run harder when I feel people are watching me, hehe)
You get the point. Get or do something that gets you excited.
For me, I got Vibram Five Finger shoes from REI...yes the weird toe shoes.
I got the Bikilia LS model made for women specifically for running. There's talk on both sides arguing for and against these shoes, they aren't for everybody, but I like the theory behind "barefoot" running. To read more about it you can visit: http://www.barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/
My mother in law also gave me a pair of NEON PINK running shorts. Undoubtedly, the best color in the world so I love them.
So...what will motivate and excite you?

No comments:
Post a Comment