Tuesday, July 19, 2011

VACATIONS SABOTAGE ME!

I'm sure I'm not alone when I acknowledge the fact that going on vacation absolutely seems to sabotage your efforts to eat healthy & exercise. I did pack some exercise clothes in hopes to get up early and take a run, but being 3 hours ahead of home time combined with travel, an infant, and go-go-go activities all weekend I chose to sleep instead. Hey, I'm human.

Had a wedding this weekend and family get togethers with the in-laws....so obviously good food was at hand. And I said GOOD food, not GOOD FOR YOU food. :) My body worked overtime this weekend trying to process cake, casseroles, booze, quesadillas, mozzarella sticks, sliders, and the like. It was all sinfully delicious!

BACK ON THE HORSE!

It's only 12:25pm and I've already made 3 big GOOD decisions today:

1. I made a healthy breakfast instead of my go-to option...cereal. I used cage-free chicken laid eggs to make scrambled eggs with organic red bell pepper, organic spinach, and a jalapeno (I LOVE hot stuff). I cut up some organic strawberries on the side (so ripe and delicious). I made an ice coffee by pouring hot coffee over a big glass of ice and putting a splash of So Delicious brand coconut milk French Vanilla coffee creamer (it is dairy free and so yummy).




2. My husband signed us up for Bountiful Baskets today. A local co-op (that they have in other states too) where you pay a flat fee ($15 for regular, $25 for organic...we did organic) weekly and you go to the designated location and pick up a giant basket of locally grown fresh seasonal produce. You have to sign up weekly (so you can opt out of it some weeks if you want) but you never know exactly what you're going to get....exciting cooking opportunities to work with new things! It is 50% veggies and 50% fruit. People we know who've done it LOVE it and say they always have extra food. It is a GIANT price break than paying grocery store prices...and I'M ALL ABOUT SUPPORTING OUR LOCAL FARMERS!

***check out their website! http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/


3. I had a fellow mom friend of mine bring her son and we did an INSANITY workout video while the babies played in the living room with us. HOLY CRAP! I hope I didn't scare her out of doing some more with me! It was the super hard one called "PURE CARDIO"....we were sweating like pigs!

So, yea....I went haywire this weekend with fitness and eating right...I just had no regard for it. That certainly will be my challenge and focus for our next trip. But I'm not letting this derail me! ONWARD HO! This mama is determined to drop some L-B's!

So a challenge for you: make 3 good choices today! Whether it is going to bed early, doing something for your spouse, getting some housework done, eating right, cooking something new, working out, doing something for yourself (nails, etc.) DO SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD no matter how big or small...get 3 in there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment