First off, let me say I'm going to do a 2 week check in update later tonight probably where I post new pics of my bod and my current stats. I just have to wait until my husband gets home to take the pics (my timer wasn't working on my camera). Poor hubby lol.
Secondly, just wanted to let you know I hate salad. Leaves are not satisfying to me and I'm always craving something more after I choke down a few bites.
But, obviously they are really healthy (especially with spinach) and lots of raw veggies or fruit or added meat. I've tried to force myself to eat them and I gag and don't feel full. Although, I have made some good ones in the past that are really tasty and don't taste like "salad." For example, sauteed chicken breast, spinach, I warm up mango salsa as dressing, throw in some onions and bell peppers. I love warm salads.
Another way I sneak in salads is by having it in sandwich form....a veggie sandwich specifically. I was so weirded out by them for years and never ever considered ordering one from anywhere because I thought they were reserved for vegetarians. Who would want a sandwich with only vegetables....seriously? But...I was definitely knockin' it before I tried it. The first one I ever had was at a cafe near campus during Lent a couple years ago. It was Friday, I couldn't have meat, but I was starvvvvvvving. So I ordered one, and LOVED it. This sounds weird to say, but you can't even tell there is no meat on it. With the cucumbers and bell peppers it was so refreshing and crunchy and unexpectedly satisfying, especially if you get really great bread.
***Just to remind you, my attempt to get fit is not about fad diets, not about cutting carbs (although limiting simple carb intake is an effort of mine)...therefore I do eat bread. To me diets are not sustainable. I need a lifestyle change because I want my weightloss and fitness to be permanent.***
So for lunch today, I took pita bread slathered it with homemade roasted red pepper hummus (LOVE LOVE LOVE HUMMUS!!!!!!!!) and stuffed it chock full of romaine lettuce, red bell peppers, cucumbers, and whole almonds (for added crunch and protein). The hummus added GREAT flavor as well as "moisture" to my otherwise dry concoction. I put some Jalapeno chips on the side (just a few) because we have hardly any produce in the house since we're waiting to pick up our Bountiful Basket tomorrow. And obviously had my iced coffee with coconut milk creamer.
It looked way better in real life than in this picture.
These are the chips (they would be delicious with guacamole for entertaining. They actually do have some zing!)
I also bought these sweet potato chips, but haven't tried them yet.
To be honest I'm not a big chip person, but they are good to have off hand for dips when we have company. So hopefully I'll even finish them before they expire. :)
ALSO GREAT NEWS! Old Navy is having a sale on all women's knit dresses tomorrow, but it's only from open until noon! So hurry, grab some cute summery dresses while they last!




No comments:
Post a Comment