Thursday, July 7, 2011

MOTIVATION...or lackthereof

Hi! So as you may know, my husband Matt and I had our darling son, Luke on January 13th, 2011. He will be 6 months next week; hard to believe. I've been debating about blogging for awhile now; mostly because of the topic I wanted to blog about...fitness & weight loss post-baby. If I was going to do it, I wanted to do it hardcore: posting before/after photos along with progress along the way. I'll also be adding in some other random info/articles/tips/recipes that may be of interest.

 Probably like most moms, I had my first baby and thought, "I'm going to be a hot mom. I'm going to drop this baby weight FAST and be lovin' life." Well, funny how babies seem to suck all of your energy, sleep, and therefore motivation to workout and eat healthy. And if you're like me, EATING right is the hardest part. I cannot RESIST overeating (if it's in front of me I'll eat it), snacking, or resist sweets that are readily available (and do I eat just one? No...I eat zillions of whatever it is). I'm my own worst enemy, I use food as a reward or a comfort. We all know that eating healthy and being active makes you feel great! So why is it so hard?

I have to be honest, I'm hoping "publicizing" my efforts to trim down and get healthy will keep me accountable for doing so. I'm willing to "bare all" as a last resort because I simply cannot motivate myself right now. I'm hoping I can maybe inspire another post-baby woman hoping to shape up, too! It's not easy, but being a fit and healthy woman will help you be a better mom and have energy for your child, a better wife and have energy for your husband, and give you your confidence back!


Gotta get back to where I once was: healthy, happy, fit!

2 comments:

  1. Daaang! Look at that hottie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U GO GIRL!! I have only met you once so far but thought you were a very outgoing, energetic, in shape mommy! I know how you feel, wanting to get that pre-baby babe body back if only the energy and time was available. But you can do it and I hope your inspiration helps me and many others as well :)

    ReplyDelete